At St Anthony of Padua Catholic College Austral our vision for learning is embedded within the foundation of our school. Our emphasis on STEM subjects, facilitated by specialist educators, ensures future-focused learning for all students.
To enable our students to be learners for life, who think critically and develop strong collaborative skills, we are committed to the following learning principles:
- A learning environment that is dynamic, supportive of the learner and proudly Catholic
- Contemporary teaching practices that promote collaboration, risk taking, independence and self-motivation
- Learning programs that reflect the learners’ needs, background and interests
- Learners are challenged and supported to develop critical and creative thinking skills and application of knowledge
- Assessment is a fundamental component of the teaching and learning cycle
- Learners are connected strongly with communities beyond the classroom.